After King's College moved here the PRO garden was re-landscaped as a Contemplative Garden of 'green rooms' designed by George Carter and includes a sculpture and water feature.
King's College London was founded in 1829, becoming one of the two founding colleges of the University of London in 1836. It now occupies 5 campuses, the original one being its Strand Campus. The Maughan Library & Information Services Centre opened here in 2001 on the site of the former Rolls Chapel founded in 1232, associated with the Master of the Rolls from 1377 and the location of the Public Record Office from the C19th until 1997. In 1912 the PRO acquired part of the garden of Clifford's Inn.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open by appointment only.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open by appointment only.
DirectionsTube: Chancery Lane (Central), Temple (District, Circle). Bus: 4, 11, 15, 23, 26, 76, 172, 341
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
- Associated People
Just one person associated to King's College London Strand Campus, Maughan Library and Information Services Centre