The churchyard is largely grassed and contains a number of headstones, with a war memorial in front of the church.
By the mid-18th century there were a number of large houses in the area and St Barnabas was consecrated in 1847 when the population of the former hamlet of Homerton was increasing. Its site had been that of a coach-house, stabling, and two paddocks. The church was built largely at the instigation of the Hackney Phalanx, an Anglican group who were instrumental in building churches and schools in Hackney.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Homerton
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust