Features of Springfield Gardens include a playground, lawns and rose beds.
The land was originally part of the estate of Springfields House, probably so-called due to a natural spring arising nearby. The estate was sold in 1877 and part of the land built over. Acton UDC purchased this site in 1920 when carrying out a large sewage scheme and used it to deposit excavated material from 1920-33. The decision was then taken to turn the 'disgraceful patch of land' into ornamental public gardens, which were laid out and opened in 1935. Facilities for both old and young visitors were created, including an open-air theatre, although this was subsequently pulled down.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Acton Town (Piccadilly, District) then bus. Rail: Acton then bus. Bus: 266, 207, 427
London Parks and Gardens Trust