Municipal layout included retention of some paths, use of the ice-house as a gardener's hut but the pool eventually ceased retaining water and disappeared. A restoration project in 2006 enabled the ice-house to be restored and the round pool to be recreated.
The Woodlands Park was created on part of the grounds of an 18th-century villa 'The Woodlands', which was purchased in 1903 by Acton UDC, largely for educational purposes, the remainder for a small public park. The existing layout of the grounds was retained in part, which had significant numbers of trees planted in belts and as specimen trees with a network of paths around the perimeter and through the shrubberies. There was a large circular pool on lower ground to the east and an ice-house.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Acton Town (District, Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: E3, 70, 207, 266, 607, H40
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)