Royal Arsenal Gardens is on the former site of Woolwich Power Station but is named for its association with the historic Royal Arsenal situated to the east. The small park has a conservation meadow with sculptures in stone, a skateboard park and playground. The power station operated from 1893-1978 and its coaling jetty remains at the river edge.
The Royal Arsenal had its origins here in the C17th and greatly influenced the development of Woolwich, at one time employing 100,000 workers. It ceased to be used for military purposes, and was eventually opened up for development.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail and DLR: Woolwich Arsenal. Bus: 51, 96. 99, 122, 161, 177, 180, 244, 380, 422, 469, 472.
London Parks and Gardens Trust