Gilbert's Pit, formerly one of three sand and chalk quarries here, adjoins the park. The park has been extended south of Woolwich Road in the late-20th century.
The land for Maryon Park was given to the LCC in 1890 by Sir Spencer Maryon Wilson, Lord of the Manor of Charlton. The park opened in 1891, laid out on a hilly site that was once ancient woodland known as Hanging Wood, and which had also been used for sand quarrying from the early-18th century until 1870.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 9am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 9am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Charlton; Woolwich Dockyard then bus. Bus: 161, 177, 180, 380, 472.
- Associated People
Just one person associated to Maryon Park, including Gilbert's Pit
London Parks and Gardens Trust