An avenue of plane trees flanks a tarmac path from Manor Way to the Stroud Centre where there are rose beds and spring bulbs. The park is now part of Beckton District Park.
In 1868 the Gas Light and Coke Company acquired land here and opened its new works in 1870, called Beckton after the Governor of the Company. Housing was built in the area for the local workforce and in 1901 Beckton Park was opened by East Ham Borough Council. It once had a bandstand and lake, but has been remodelled.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from dawn to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from dawn to dusk.
DirectionsDocklands Light Railway: Beckton. Bus: 101, 300, 678.
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust