Lavender Pond Nature Park was created in 1981 by LB Southwark in conjunction with the Trust for Urban Ecology and Landuse Consultants Ltd. Nearby are remnants of the earlier industrial use, the Lavender Lock built in 1863 to serve a timber pond that belonged to the Surrey Docks, and the Pump House, built by Port of London Authority in 1928/9 over the channel through to the Thames. It was used to regulate the water in Lavender Pond and was converted to educational use in 1982 and since 1997 Rotherhithe Heritage Museum.
This site was once in the northern part of the Surrey Commercial Docks established in 1864, that finally closed in 1969.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Pump House open daily in school term-time.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Pump House open daily in school term-time.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Rotherhithe, Canada Water then bus. Tube: Canada Water (Jubilee) then bus. Bus: C10, 381.
London Parks and Gardens Trust