Part of the grounds of Grove Lodge became Grove Lodge Gardens in 1945, having been purchased by Hornsey Borough Council for a new public garden. It remained light deciduous woodland, with few changes beyond the creation of a path running the length of the site, accessed from three points on Muswell Hill. Having become overgrown and neglected, the garden was restored in 2005/06 at the instigation of Muswell Hill and Fortis Green Association.
Grove Lodge, a plain stuccoed house built in 1854, was converted to flats in 1995/6 with a Language School to the rear. The grounds sloping down to the south east originally formed the perimeter belt of woodland on the west side of the estate, together with a field at the south end of the site.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Turnpike Lane (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 144, W7.