The park was formally laid out with an ornamental pond, rockery, shrub and flower beds, and a fine variety of specimen trees.
In the 19th century the land was owned by the Rumball family and leased for pasture, a brewery and stables, and two houses. In 1912 the brewery site was purchased by Barnet UDC, who later purchased the freehold of the Old Court House Estate in 1923. The recreation ground on the south side of the gardens opened in 1924 and Barnet Bowls Club was founded here in 1926.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am to dusk.
DirectionsTube: High Barnet (Northern) then bus. Bus: 34, 84, 107, 184, 234, 263, 307, 326, 384, 389
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)