The church grounds consist of a garden with shrubs, seats and lawn. Near the church is the War Memorial.
St Peter's Church was built in 1840 at the expense of Enoch Durant of High Canons, Shenley as a private chapel. Durant died in 1848 and a wall tablet in the church commemorates him. After Durant's death the advowson was later transferred to the rector of Barnet. The chapel was consecrated, and an ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1905.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Diocese of St Albans
London Parks and Gardens Trust