The site is managed as a nature reserve, and has a riverside walk along the Wandle.
Ravensbury Park is on the site of Ravensbury Manor dating back to the 13th century. In the mid-18th century a house called Ravensbury Manor House on the north bank of the Wandle River, together with calico printworks established in the early-18th century, were leased to a John Arbuthnott, who diverted the road around his estate. The house was later demolished and in around 1910 a new house was built, itself now gone. When the estate was broken up for housing development in the 1930s, the Councils of Mitcham, Merton and Morden purchased the remaining grounds to safeguard it for public recreation, and it opened as Ravensbury Park in 1930.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk (weekdays); 9am - dusk (weekends, bank holidays).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk (weekdays); 9am - dusk (weekends, bank holidays).
DirectionsTube: Morden (Northern) then bus. Tramlink: Mitcham. Bus: 118, 280.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)