Features include remains of a crinkle-crankle wall, two outhouses reputedly used for deer, remnants of planting and a mound believed to be a Romano-British burial mound. Recent amenities include an open-air theatre. A large part of the park was designated as a local nature reserve in 2000.
Morden Park was formerly a deer park within the Morden Hall estate. In the 18th century part of the manor lands were leased to John Ewart who built a house here called Morden Park. The estate was later reunited when Gilliat Hatfeild who had already purchased Morden Hall, purchased Morden Park. In 1945 Morden Park was purchased by Merton and Morden UDC, the house becoming council offices and 90 acres of grounds preserved as public open space.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Morden South, St Helier. Bus: 80, 93, 154, 293.
London Parks and Gardens Trust