Mitcham Greens are remnants of a series of village greens around the old village of Mitcham, which were part of Mitcham Common until 1924. A short row of lime trees on the south side may be remains of more extensive formal planting from the late C19th.
The greens had been vested in the Board of Mitcham Common Conservators in 1891 and were taken over by Mitcham UDC following a private Act in 1923. Upper Green was the central green of the village of Upper Mitcham, which attracted industrial development due to its position on the Wandle River.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Mitcham Junction. Bus: 200, 118, 280, 127, 264, 201, 270, 355. Tramlink: Mitcham
London Parks and Gardens Trust