New facilities have been laid out since 2004. The park is backed by allotments that are included in the site.
The site for the park was once part of Tamworth Farm and was donated by the Tamworth Trust. Tamworth Farm Recreation Ground opened in 1926 and is still protected by the Trust. The park had a railed and hedged area of planting along the front boundary to London Road, with roses and trees, and there was a bowling green adjacent, no longer in use.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk (weekdays); 9am - dusk (weekends, bank holidays).
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk (weekdays); 9am - dusk (weekends, bank holidays).
DirectionsRail: Tooting then bus. Bus: 127, 201
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust