Features of Rainham Cemetery include a small cemetery chapel with a glass screen, and railings.
Rainham Cemetery was opened in 1902. Some sources give the opening date of this cemetery as 1871, but maps of the area suggest otherwise.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open daily April to October 9am - 7pm; November to March 9am - 4pm.
Detailed DescriptionRainham Cemetery was opened in 1902, the first burial taking place in that year. There is a small cemetery chapel with a glass screen, railings. Even in the 1920s the surrounding area was entirely undeveloped and the cemetery was surrounded by fields. Upminster Road North, however, is marked as a route on earlier maps.
Victoria County History, History of Essex
For more information see http://www.londongardensonline.org.uk/gardens-online-record.asp?ID=HVG037
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open daily April to October 9am - 7pm; November to March 9am - 4pm.
DirectionsRail: Rainham. Bus: 165, 287
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust