Earlier landscaping such as a small lake, trees and shrubs were incorporated into the municipal layout, which centred on the elaborate lake. A bandstand, tennis and bowling facilities, formal gardens and walks were laid out. The old mansion was demolished in the 1940s, but the walled garden survives, restored to its 1930s design.
Pymmes Park is on the site of an earlier landscape park and is named after the estate's owners in the 14th century. Pymmes Brook runs through the south. There were a number of illustrious owners, including the Cecil family who held it from 1582-1801. By 1801 little indication of earlier gardens had remained apart from a formal canal north of the house and the walled garden to the west. The estate was purchased by Edmonton UDC in 1897/8 and Northside opened initially, the remaining land then laid out and opened in 1906.
Visitor FacilitiesThe north part of the park has open access. The remainder is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe north part of the park has open access. The remainder is open from 8am Mon-Sat / 8.30am Sundays to dusk.
DirectionsRail: Silver Street. Bus: 34, 102, 444, 149, 279.