Enclosed by brick walls, Tower Gardens was laid out to a formal design, with perimeter trees and shrubs and a perimeter walk with a balustrade from which curved steps led down to the central grass area. The formal layout was later superseded by more informal landscaping, with a playground at the west end.
Tower Gardens Recreation Ground formed an important part of the pre WW1 phase of the LCC's 'cottage estate' at White Hart Lane. A gift of £10,000 from Lord Montagu enabled the estate to be developed at a lower density with space reserved for the public garden.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open daily until dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open daily until dusk.
DirectionsRail: Bruce Grove then bus. Tube: Wood Green (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 123, 243, 243A, 318.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust