By 1910/11 the new park had been laid out with ornamental trees and shrubs, a perimeter path with seating and a number of beds. Between the wars for some years a tank was displayed in the park. There is now a playground in the park.
Dean Gardens were once part of Ealing Dene Common, where donkey and pony racing took place as part of the annual Ealing Fair, which may have been why it was known as Jackass Common. In 1832 part of the common was divided into allotment gardens. In 1909, at the instigation of local residents, Ealing Town Council agreed to convert an area fronting Uxbridge Road into pleasure gardens, for which allotment tenants received compensation.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: West Ealing. Rail/tube: Ealing Broadway (District/Central) then bus; Northfields (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: E2, E3, E7, E8, 83, 207, 607
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)