The Old Rectory, Dry Drayton 5924

Dry Drayton, England, Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire

Brief Description

Features of The Old Rectory include a walled kitchen garden, shrubberies, icehouse and a shrubbery walk.

History

The Old Rectory was established in the mid-19th century.

Detailed Description

To the north and east of the Rectory were extensive shrubberies with many trees and a pond crossed by a small bridge. The walled kitchen garden was to the west of the Rectory and was divided in two parts. To the west of the walled garden is a circular ice house of gault brick with a round headed arch at the entrance. The ice house is contemporary with the Rectory. The shrubbery walk to the south of the house enjoys views across a small field to Sheepclose Spinney.
Features
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Shrubbery
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Kitchen Garden
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Ornamental Bridge
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Walk
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Pond
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Icehouse
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • House (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Dry Drayton
History

Detailed History

The Old Rectory was built in 1830 and stands in extensive grounds.

Period

  • Victorian (1837-1901)
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust