The north garden is part garden part meadow, the later part being managed as such since at least 1870. Mature trees dominate the meadow with swathes of naturally occurring wildflowers and a planted woodland and Yew border. The more formally arranged garden to the south of the meadow contains a croquet lawn, pond and Yew topiary garden. The Topiary Garden was created in the 1920s, and has an astrolabe at its centre. It is thought that the other Yews in the garden are the only surviving trees from Lancelot Brown's work.
Pond, Topiary, Path, Croquet Lawn
- Associated People