The park has some original railings and mature trees.
Northumberland Heath Recreation Ground was laid out by around 1901 by Erith UDC, when the formerly rural area and hamlet of Northumberland Heath was becoming increasingly developed for housing. The original recreation ground was considerably smaller and was laid out with paths and perimeter trees, with a bandstand and drinking fountain shown on OS maps of around 1938. The bandstand appears to have disappeared sometime in the early 1960s and the park was later extended to the north and west over former allotment gardens.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Barnehurst; Erith then bus. Bus: 229
- Early 20th Century