The park comprises an area of woodland that was formerly part of the estate of Belvedere Park.
Franks Park was established after the land was purchased by Erith Council in 1920. It is named after Frank Beadle, a local philanthropist, who donated money for its purchase. It was formerly part of Belvedere Park, which stood near Upper Park Road, the house used as the Royal Alfred Merchant Seaman's Institution between 1865-1959 .
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Belvedere. Bus: 469, 492
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)