The churchyard has not been used for burials and is laid largely to grass, planted with specimen trees including a row of lime on the Victoria Road boundary. Within the churchyard is the 1920s War Memorial in the form of a marble cross on a stepped plinth.
Christ Church was built in 1874 to serve the growing population of Erith, which only developed significantly after the railway arrived in 1849. The area was formerly estate lands of Erith Manor and the Wheatley Estate, the latter situated where the town centre now lies.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Erith. Bus: 99, 229, 428, 469, B12
Diocese of Rochester
London Parks and Gardens Trust