The park is now predominantly sports pitches. The old Park Keeper's House survives facing a turning circle in front of the new sports centre. The brick gate piers have new gates and the bowling green pavilion was extended around 1960. Within the park were old air-raid shelters, and the footprint of these buildings becomes visible during dry summers. Planting is restricted to the perimeter with limes along the northern boundary. Copper beech and horse chestnut remain in the shrubbery belt near the entrance.
Erith Recreation Ground opened at the turn of the century.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Erith. Bus: 428.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)