There are vestiges of the 19th-century planting, with many fine trees, and the municipal layout included new planting, a bowling green and modest modern flower garden.
Islip Manor Park was created on the former grounds of Islips Manor, whose history dates back to a 14th-century estate of the Ruislip family, Ruislips Place. It was renamed Islips Manor when the Lord of Northolt Manor purchased the estate in 1629. In 1853 it was purchased by antiquary George Harris who laid out the grounds and rebuilt the house, which remained in his wife's family after his death in 1890. Ealing Town Council purchased house and grounds in 1929; the house was used as a clinic and the grounds opened as a public park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Northolt (Central). Bus: 90, 120, 140, 282, 398, E10.
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust