The park has a simple layout of curving paths, with some shrubbery planting along Alexandra Avenue, and a recent Millennium Garden. Most of the trees are mid-20th century and later, although a group of hollies may previously have backed a building.
Alexandra Park was opened as a public park in 1928, laid out on land conveyed to the Harrow-on-the-Hill UDC by executors of Cllr A B Champniss. It was formerly part of the Paddocks Pleasure Grounds recreated in 1912 from Grove Farm.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Northolt Park. Tube: South Harrow (Piccadilly) then bus. Bus: 140, 398, 487
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust