Purchased by the Sisters of Nazareth in 1892, the site became their Convent and later an old people's home, but has been empty since 2002.
Nazareth House Convent was formerly Isleworth House, which had been rebuilt in 1832 by Edward Blore for George III's chaplain, Sir William Cooper. The C18th owner of the estate had diverted Richmond Road so that it did not separate the house from the river. The garden led down to the river and the estate had its own burial ground.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: St Margaret's, Isleworth then bus. Bus: H37
- 18th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust