Gates on North Street and the remains of the ice house are all that are left. A section of the 16th-century Duke of Northumberland's River runs through the park.
Silverhall Park is on part of the former Silver Hall estate. The name appears to have been used for the estate from the mid-18th century after its owner Mrs Oliver, nee Silver. The house was demolished in the early-19th century and the estate sold piecemeal. A new house was built in 1813 on a site now occupied by the park. From 1880 - 1908 Silver Hall was occupied by Carmelite nuns who had moved here from Fulham Carmel. It was later a school but by the 1940s the house was derelict and it was demolished in the 1950s.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Kew Bridge then bus. Bus: 267, R62
London Parks and Gardens Trust