The layout plan of 1878 shows a network of paths, planting around the mortuary and in two oases between paths and along the boundary with 'New Road', which was the name given to Park Road until 1880, with mixed trees including conifers along the south.
Isleworth Burial Board was formed to consider acquisition of a suitable site for a new parish burial ground in 1877 and in 1878 purchase of land belonging to the Duke of Northumberland was approved by the vestry. The first burial took place on 26 June 1880.
Visitor Facilities9am - 4pm (Nov-Feb); - 5.30pm (Mar/Oct); - 7pm (Apr/May/Aug/Sept); - 8pm (Jun/July). Xmas Day 9am-2pm
Detailed DescriptionIsleworth Cemetery was set up by Isleworth Burial Board in 1879 when the parish churchyard at All Saints was full. The land was purchased from the Duke of Northumberland and the cemetery laid out with a network of paths, twin chapels, entrance lodge and mortuary. The first burial took place in 1880. In 1909 the Burial Board transferred the cemetery to the Heston & Isleworth UDC.
Hugh Meller & Brian Parsons, 'London Cemeteries, An Illustrated Guide and Gazetteer', 4th edition (The History Press, 2008); Middlesex Chronicle 13 June 1914
For more information see http://www.londongardensonline.org.uk/gardens-online-record.asp?ID=HOU033
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Details9am - 4pm (Nov-Feb); - 5.30pm (Mar/Oct); - 7pm (Apr/May/Aug/Sept); - 8pm (Jun/July). Xmas Day 9am-2pm
DirectionsRail: Syon Lane. Bus: 267.
London Parks and Gardens Trust