This is an open triangular space with an avenue of trees either side of the path that runs through the site alongside London Road.
Figges Marsh is a remnant of former Mitcham commonland, the name apparently originating through a man called William Figg who held land here in the C14th. As with other Mitcham commonland it was vested in the Board of Mitcham Common Conservators in 1891 and was taken over by Mitcham UDC under a private Act in 1923.During WWII it was dug for allotments and trenches to prevent landing of enemy aircraft.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Tooting. Bus: 127, 201.
London Parks and Gardens Trust