The park originally had railings along the central path and a bandstand, gymnasium and gardens. An extension beyond the east wall was added as part of the redevelopment of the Fulham riverside in the 1970s, which has a grass area with raised beds and some play equipment.
The triangular site owned by the from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners was bought by the Fulham Vestry in 1891 in order to provide recreational space for the growing population in the area. Funding was received from the LCC and it opened as a Fulham Recreation Ground, its name later changed to Lillie Road Recreation Ground.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Hammersmith (Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City, District) then bus. Bus: 74, 190, 211, 220, 295
London Parks and Gardens Trust