The cleared graveyard is now a public garden. Among the many trees are some that are old and massive, including a fine mulberry tree.
St John’s Church was built in 1827/8 on the former site of the village pond of Walham Green, a hamlet dating back to at least the C14th. The churchyard opened in 1832 and was used for some 700 burials before it closed in 1852.
Visitor FacilitiesThe garden is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe garden is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Fulham Broadway (District). Bus: 28, 391, 211, 295, 14, 414
- Mid 19th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust