Lattenbury Hall 5948

Papworth St Agnes, England, Cambridgeshire, South Cambridgeshire

Brief Description

Features of Lattenbury Hall include a walled garden, hedges and a large parkland.

History

Lattenburgy Hall was created in the early-19th century for Rev. H.G. Sperling.

Detailed Description

The drive passed a small lodge originally surrounded by tall elms. To the west of the Hall was an extensive walled garden with vegetable plots surrounded by low box hedges, and a large apple store. A stable block was to the north of the Hall. The Hall was demolished in 1965, but the parkland survives with many finy trees on its sloping site.
Features
  • Garden Wall
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Hedge
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Gate Lodge
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Stable Block
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
  • Hall (featured building)
  • Earliest Date:
  • Latest Date:
Authorities

Civil Parish

  • Papworth St.
History

Detailed History

The Hall was built between 1800 and 1810 as the new parsonage for the Reverend H.G. Sperling on a spur of high ground some distance to the west of Ermine Street within a park of 22 hectares, including 10.4 hectares of woodland. The Hall was demolished in 1965.
References

Contributors

  • Cambridgeshire Gardens Trust