The building ceased to be used as a church in 1969 and is closed, although there are plans for its eventual use as a theatre and restaurant. Among those buried in the churchyard were members of the Clitherow family who owned Boston Manor from 1670-1924.
St Lawrence's Church had close connections with the Manor of Boston, and may have been built by Lord of the Manor Ralf de Brito in the 12th century. The medieval church was rebuilt in 1764 retaining its 15th-century tower, and later remodelled in 1875.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Kew Bridge
- 12th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust