There remain mature oak and ash at the eastern end where a field pond was levelled; the golf course is well planted with numerous trees of various species.
The land north of Upminster remained rural into the C20th. As house building gradually took place on the east side of Hall Lane, the site of Hall Lane Miniature Golf Course remained open land and was in use as a private 9-hole golf course before WWII. It was acquired by the War Department for an Assault Course during the war, after which it was purchased by Upminster Council who laid out the 18-hole miniature golf course in 1950/51. By this time the site was surrounded by housing. At the northern boundary was a large copse of trees.
Visitor FacilitiesSaturday/Sunday 10am-dusk, school holidays (Golf Hut closed 12.30-1pm)
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsSaturday/Sunday 10am-dusk, school holidays (Golf Hut closed 12.30-1pm)
DirectionsRail/Tube: Upminster (District). Bus: 248, 347