The churchyard is semi-wild with long grass in some areas and has 5 ancient pollarded horse chestnuts along the churchyard wall in the south-west corner.
All Saints’ Church, the small parish church of Cranham, was built between 1873 -1875 largely paid for by the then owner of Cranham Hall, Richard Benyon. However, a 13th-century church previously occupied the site, relics of which remain including a number of monuments, a 17th-century brass inscription on the chancel floor to Nathaniel Wright and his daughter Susannah, and an 18th-century railed tomb in the churchyard commemorating Thomas Woodroffe. A marble tablet on the south chancel wall commemorates General James Oglethorpe (1696-1785), philanthropist and founder of Georgia, who had married Elizabeth Wright, the heiress of Cranham Hall in 1743.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tube: Upminster (District) then bus/walk. Bus: 248, 346, 348 (walk)
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust