An avenue of mature horse chestnut and walnut trees divides the two pieces of land and new trees have been planted. Separated from the Playing Field by woodland, the late-14th/15th-century Tithe Barn was probably used by monks from Waltham Abbey.
Upminster Hall Playing Field and the adjacent Upminster Golf Course are on land formerly part of the Upminster Hall estate, former hunting seat of the Abbots of Waltham Abbey, the timber-framed Hall now the clubhouse of Upminster Golf Club. The land that is now the Playing Field was in agricultural use before it was converted for recreation in 1957, extended with further land in 1958/9.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tube: Upminster (District). Bus: 248, 347