The park was substantially restored in 2010 including construction of new paths, recreational facilities as well as new planting, with nature conservation in mind.
St Andrew's Park is named after the Hornchurch parish church of St Andrew, located to the south across the High Street. The site of the park was once part of lands held by Hornchurch Priory, later owned by St Mary College (New College), Oxford from whom two parcels of land were acquired by Hornchurch UDC in May 1928. Main development of the park took place after World War 2 and by the early 1960s it was a popular park with numerous recreational facilities including tennis courts, putting green and playground.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open daily until dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open daily until dusk.
DirectionsRail: Upminster Bridge (District). Rail: Emerson Park. Bus: 165, 193, 248, 252, 256, 370, 372
London Parks and Gardens Trust