Features of Grove Hall Park include a small memorial garden and a playground.
Grove Hall Park is on part of the former site of Grove Hall Private Lunatic Asylum, which was established around 1820 for ex-servicemen. The Asylum had well-planted grounds, which are referred to in Charles Dickens' 'Nicholas Nickelby' (1839). The site was purchased in around 1906 and opened as a public park in 1909. It was extended in 1930 with the addition of the garden of St Catherine's Convent to create the small memorial garden that abuts the park.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Bow Road (District/Hammersmith & City). Bus: 25
London Parks and Gardens Trust