Numerous headstones remain in their original positions with clear inscriptions. The garden has 20th-century railings set in original Portland stone coping on a parapet wall and there are notable lime trees on the south side of the garden.
Holy Trinity Church was built to form the focus of planned residential development around Rhondda Grove of around 1840, formerly Cottage Grove. Although initially built as a chapel, it came to serve the parish of Mile End Old Town in 1841. Its well-preserved churchyard, which closed to burial in 1853, was refurbished in 1886/7 as Holy Trinity Garden by the MPGA.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Mile End (District/Central). Bus 25
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust