Built 'in the King's Highway', it remains on an island site at the east end of the busy Bow Road, and is the only reminder of the medieval village of Bow. After the churchyard was closed to burials, it was laid out as a public garden by the MPGA.
The church of St Mary, Stratford Bow dates from the 14th century, originally built as a chapel of ease to Stepney Parish Church. The churchyard was expanded and laid out in 1825 when adjoining buildings were removed.
Visitor Facilities8am - dusk. Church open 11am-4pm on 1st Saturday of each month
- Access & Directions
Access Contact Details8am - dusk. Church open 11am-4pm on 1st Saturday of each month
DirectionsTube: Bromley by Bow (District). DLR: Bow Church. Bus: 8, 25, 108, 205, 276, 425, 488, D8
Official WebsiteClick Here
St Mary Stratford Bow PCC
London Parks and Gardens Trust