Facing onto the park is the Bromley by Bow Centre, a community arts centre established on the former Congregational Church that was adjacent to the house. The park has been re-landscaped since 1999.
Bromley Recreation Ground was laid out on part of the former grounds of a 16th-century house named Tudor House, which was acquired in 1898 by the LCC, in order to create a new public park for this densely populated neighbourhood. The house was demolished, being in a poor state of repair, and the ground was laid out as a garden, with a bandstand, toilets and also a gymnasium for children. It was opened in April 1900.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Bromley by Bow (District, Hammersmith & City)
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
Official WebsiteClick Here
LB Tower Hamlets