Addington Hills is a large natural area that rises from Oaks Road up to a high plateau.
The land was acquired in four stages over a period of some 45 years, Croydon Board of Health purchasing the first area in 1874 following a public meeting. The birch wood from Oaks Road to Coombe Lane was a gift from the late Frank Lloyd of Coombe Park Estate. When the pine woods in the south-east corner were added in 1919 it became the largest public open space in Croydon at the time. In 1963 the commemorative Viewing Platform was provided by Alderman Basil Monk.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTram: route 3.
London Parks and Gardens Trust