The memorial garden is situated at St John the Baptist Church. It has a lawned area, trees, flower beds and benches. A particular feature of the site is a tree presented by the East Surrey branch of the Dunkirk Veterans Association.
The memorial garden is sited on the former churchyard of St John the Baptist. A slate tablet records the fact that in 1956 the church and corporation agreed to lay out the ground as a garden of remembrance to the men, women and children of Croydon who lost their lives in both World Wars. The laying out of the site was funded by public subscription.