Features of Duppas Hill Recreation Ground include a children's playground and a Victorian drinking fountain.
Duppas Hill was the first public recreation ground in Croydon, but the site had a very long history of use for sporting events. Tournaments were held here until 1286, when Lord William de Warenne was treacherously killed. Croydon Board of Health purchased the land from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in 1865. There was evidently a pavilion here by 1890 and the park had paths and perimeter trees. By 1932 a bandstand, toilets and drinking fountain had been added.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
- Victorian (1837-1901)