Culverley Green was a provided as a triangular area of public open space and has grass, trees and shrubs.
Culverley Road and surrounding streets were laid out as part of an Edwardian suburban development by the Forster family on their Sangley Farm Estate, which was built piecemeal between 1902-1920s. Prior to this the area was rural, with a few fine villas along Bromley Road, the main route from London to Kent. Housing development had accelerated here as both rail and horse tram networks improved in the late-19th century. With its grid layout of wide tree-lined streets and spacious houses with substantial back gardens the suburb preserved a semi-rural character.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Catford Bridge. Bus: 54, 75, 124, 136, 181, 185, 202, 208, 284
- Early 20th Century