The churchyard is now maintained under a local agreement by LB Lewisham Parks Department.
St Andrew’s Church was built in 1904 by P A Robson as the area to the east of Catford was rapidly developing from the mid-19th century. Hither Green was largely developed through Archibald Cameron Corbett, a Scotsman, who purchased farmland in the area from the Earl of St Germans and he built over 3,000 houses between 1897-1913. Many of the street names derive from Scottish place names, including that of Torridon Road. Hither Green Library opposite the church opened in 1907, as amenities in the new estate were added.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Hither Green, Catford Bridge then bus
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust