Cator Park features a childrens play area and sports facilities. A river also runs through the park.
Cator Park was once part of the extensive Cator Estate, owned by the Cator family from the late-18th century. The area that became the public park was laid out as private pleasure grounds principally for the private use of residents on the Cator estate who paid an annual subscription fee. For this reason it was already well matured as a park when the local council purchased the land in 1931.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Kent House; New Beckenham. Bus: 194, 227, 351, 358
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust