In 2005 this area of public open space was renamed Beckenham Green. A small stage was erected in November 2007 for hosting local events.
Prior to 1857 the land here was open countryside owned by the Cator family. Adjacent to the parish church, the site of Beckenham Green was built over between 1857-90 when the railway arrived; one of the former buildings on the site was the Railway Hotel. In July 1944 major bomb damage was caused to the buildings and the site was cleared in 1946. It remained undeveloped until 1967, when it was grassed with a part dedicated for use by pupils of the adjacent school.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/Tram: Beckenham Junction. Bus: 54, 162, 227, 351, 367
London Parks and Gardens Trust